Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
jerry-mcguire-human-head.gif

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
First proper trailer for Francis Ford Coppola’s upcoming Megalopolis that he self financed, really looking forward to this

I notice it’s got Shia LeBeouf which is quite a risky casting. He’s pretty much been blacklisted in Hollywood for quite a while now, be interesting to see how that pans out.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just finished Godzilla X Kong.

You know what you're getting with these movies nowadays but I have to give credit on how it's been put together. More and more the showcase is on the Titans, as the original stylings always were.

The supporting cast are basically cameo's, as we're only here for the monsters anyway.

If you like this style of movie, I think this one is decent. It lacks a little in actual threat and the ending is very predictable right from the off. Effects though!?! They're getting ridiculous when the budget gets thrown at them. There are a few scenes where it looks like a titan is rocking around the planet. Seriously good effects.

Slight spoiler:

IMO Kong & Godzilla teaming up is OP. Godzilla rules the planet on his own and took on the army solo, as stated in the historic reading, adding a juiced Kong to the mix they struggled to actually show any real threat. There's an introduction to try and level the playing field but I don't think it totes up right in the Top Trumps scorecards. Godzilla finished this movie with barely a scratch fgs.

I liked it though, scoop the brain out action ftw.