background hissing, cant stop it,

veimus

Hi
did you try off unused recording devices ? even is there is nothing connected, like "Mic in in front panel (Pink)" on you Sound > Recording tab ? Just make sure you have off all unused jack and other devices for recording.

I had same noise when i recording or just when i open Sound -> Recording tab , in my case that was "Interfece SPDIF" from my headset.
screenshot.12.png

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
One thing that may be happening, similar to above, is some speakers and headphones have an extras slider for microphones in their properties, this causes microphone hiss and background noise, as well as your voice when speaking to be heard through the speakers regardless of whether you have the hear through speakers box ticked in the microphone properties and if you have no microphone can cause a quiet hum or hiss from your speakers.

To check:

1. Right click your speaker icon on the task bar and select Playback Devices.
2. On the list that comes up select your current Playback Device (has a green tick in the icon)
3. Click in properties.
4. Go to the Levels tab.
5. On this tab there should normally be one slider which is basically your master volume, but on some devices there's more, what you're looking for if you have it is one labelled microphone or recording, slide this one all the way to the left and click apply.

I can't guarantee this is a solution to your issue, it may be something different, but every bit of advice helps :)

thanks for the extra bits of help guys really appreciated!, these didn't work unfortunately! Any more anyone? Yep, I turned it off and on again as well!