Can i add my new hard drive to my pc?

Getting my new pc today and just realised . . the ball ache of having to transfer the data i want onto the new one!

Can i just add in my hard drive?

Case COOLERMASTER K350 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z97-PRO GAMER: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX SAVAGE SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
M.2 SSD Drive NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE

steaky360

Yes most likely - depends on the hard drive I guess - but if its a reasonably modern harddrive there shouldn't be any issues and it will just be 'plug and play'.

Stephen M

Author Level
You should be able to but I would always back everything up before doing something like that, better to spend a bit of time than lose the lot. You have a decent HDD there so it should not take to long to transfer.

no what i mean is just plug my old hard drive into the mobo of the new one,

1TB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm) this is my current HD

not built my own computer in a while . . erry time the specs and slots and ports change too much . . .gives me a headache! So i order from this place who built me a pc which outlasted everything else by 2 years!

Rakk

The Awesome
no what i mean is just plug my old hard drive into the mobo of the new one,

1TB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm) this is my current HD

not built my own computer in a while . . erry time the specs and slots and ports change too much . . .gives me a headache! So i order from this place who built me a pc which outlasted everything else by 2 years!

As long as you've got a SATA cable and power cable free for it, there should be no problem (I did exactly the same thing when I got my current PC).

steaky360

As long as you've got a SATA cable and power cable free for it, there should be no problem (I did exactly the same thing when I got my current PC).

As Rakk has said you shouldn't have any issues, you most likely will have a spare SATA cable bundled with your welcome back and there will definitely be a spare power connector (potentially attached to the PSU or in the welcome pack if its a modular PSU)