First draft

bakat98

Im looking to upgrade on my current PC. Ive got a budget of around ~£1500.

This current quote build is under £1100

This is my first draft and theres likely room to make some good adjustments. Ill mainly use it for general office work but then also some gaming.

Im not too familiar with all the specs and want to make sure they are all comptabible and nothing would be under stress.

Appreciate any comments.

Case
CORSAIR 3000D AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Promotional Item
Get a discount code for 20% off select peripherals at Corsair.com
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Six Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.4GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0)
Memory (RAM)
16GB PCS PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti / RX 7700 XT AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 4950 MB/R, 4000 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W CX SERIES™ CX-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Didn’t you recently buy a pc?

The idea of a well designed system is that it’s upgradable. Whereas replacing it with another isnt really an upgrade, you’re just replacing like for like albeit on a newer platform.

If you put that money into upgrades you’d get significantly more performance than replacing it for another entry level.

bakat98

Didn’t you recently buy a pc?

The idea of a well designed system is that it’s upgradable. Whereas replacing it with another isnt really an upgrade, you’re just replacing like for like albeit on a newer platform.

If you put that money into upgrades you’d get significantly more performance than replacing it for another entry level.
When I say upgrade its because my old PC is no longer usable and I now just have to get a whole new one.

Thats why it may seem similar in some ways but Im just looking for some better specs in how it will run

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I say upgrade its because my old PC is no longer usable and I now just have to get a whole new one.

Thats why it may seem similar in some ways but Im just looking for some better specs in how it will run
What’s wrong with the old pc though, when you say it’s no longer usable, what specifically is wrong with it?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can upgrade your existing PC and get much better value. It's a solid enough platform.

If you went for a 5700X, a 4070, a 2TB P41+ SSD and a DeepCool AK400 cooler, you would improve your performance way beyond the spec you have above, and it would cost £800ish. You could even go for a 5700X3D (you almost certainly don't need to) and it would still come in at under £900. That would give you a way better system. (And you could probably sell the 3600 and 1660 Super for some extra change as well.)

Upgrading is the way. Replacing that PC is a bad call.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The ‘elephant in the room’ may be the CX650 PSU with a 40-series GPU
Depends what exact PSU @bakat98 went for, but a 650W PSU, even one that's not great quality like the CX line, will be fine with a 4070 and a 5700X. It's not a system I'd build starting from scratch, but as an upgrade it's fine.