Motherboard compatibility

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Any reason why the ASUS TUF GAMING X670E is showing as not compatible with the CORSAIR H150i ELITE?

With that in mind, which motherboard would you go with instead? The X670E looks to be the one that's almost universally recommended in gaming PC's on this forum.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is it the Elite or the Elite LCD?

If it's the Elite LCD, then there seems to be an issue with ONLY the Asus X670-E variants (although I have it on mine, and we haven't had a clear reason from PCS).

But the H115i versions (2x140mm vs 3x120mm) seem to still be compatible.

The X670E is a very good motherboard, as it gives you lots of nice expansion slots for lots of m.2s and PCIe 5 sockets. However it's only recommended if you'll need those extras. If not, you can save by going for the TUF-B650 version.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Is it the Elite or the Elite LCD?

If it's the Elite LCD, then there seems to be an issue with ONLY the Asus X670-E variants (although I have it on mine, and we haven't had a clear reason from PCS).

But the H115i versions (2x140mm vs 3x120mm) seem to still be compatible.
It's the Elite LCD, sorry, I should have been more specific.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If you need/want an LCD screen then there are 3 options:
  1. Buy the Asus X650E motherboard you want, with a non-LCD iCUE LINK AIO, and then buy/install the LCD pump cover yourself (that's what I did)
  2. Buy an Asus B650 motherboard, and fit the LCD iCUE LINK AIO you want
  3. Buy a Gigabyte X670 motherboard, and fit the LCD iCUE LINK AIO you want

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Someone else brought this up recently and we’d advised them to get specific details from PCS as none of us could work out what the limitation was as a lot of us have the LCD module in our systems perfectly fine, I’m trying to locate the thread
Found it, if you read on from this link, IMHO they never got a satisfactory reply

May be worth running past PCS again, and if they still can't do it, do option 1 from @TonyCarter suggestions above, the LCD module on it's own is around £80 I believe and you just remove the cap on the existing and slot it in, it's very easy.