Not really technical, but is it OK to place the PC this way?

EvilGrins

Bronze Level Poster
This is how I place my PC next to my desk. Would it cause any issues in the long run? The wires are coming from an adapter at the center of my desk attached to the wall so they kinda do a U turn into the back of my PC. But I placed it this way to give it more room to breathe at the back... There's no strain on the wires as far as I can tell.

IMG_1442.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It should do any harm in that location, as there seems to be plenty of space around it.

BTW, what case is that, as it seems to have glass everywhere except the rear, and I'm not sure where all the hot air goes.

EvilGrins

Bronze Level Poster
It should do any harm in that location, as there seems to be plenty of space around it.

BTW, what case is that, as it seems to have glass everywhere except the rear, and I'm not sure where all the hot air goes.
It's the Corsair Crystal 570x, I've had it for about 8 years now lol.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's OK to place the PC like that but if you don't remove the peel covering the glass the high energy photos will be unable to escape and they will be directed instead into the core of your PC where they will collide with key components (like RAM) causing electrons to shift to higher energy levels. The quantum fluctuations caused by this energy change may cause leakage of the bit bases and result in dynamic memory shifts to a higher quantum state and the resulting ejection of more high energy photons. This positive feedback loop takes some time to get started, about 8 years on average, but once it becomes exponential things will go badly very quickly. I would at least advise your home insurance company that you have not removed the glass peel - expect your premiums to increase markedly however. Also warn your immediate neighbours, a quantum photon runaway is going to leave a big hole....