PC starts, shows the asus motherboard logo then beeps . . repeat. How to stop?

is there anything i can do to help boot my pc, its been working fine, turn off turn on and now it wont get past the asus motherboard press del for utility screen. the pc audible beeps and then does this again

any ideas?

T

TheGeeza

Are the beeps in any particular pattern or is it just a single beep?
Are there any visible lights on your motherboard? Small red leds?

tried the os disk says it cant fix the problem, anything else i can try

the beep is one beep, goes to asus screen like it usually does, goes to the screen adjuct where windows usually loads, it doesnt and goes back to asus and then repeats

to add just before this happened the 7 4 and t key stopped working, when i rebooted windows 8 said it had a problem and loaunced iointo its auto replar, after this is never gets to windows again

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
One beep usually means everything is loading on boot ok and no hardware problems.
I would first try a system restore from the OS disk,failing that If you can start up in safe mode it would point to a software issue,
It's possible a startup item is causing the issue,to check this,start In safe mode if possible,
type msconfig in the Start Search box and then press enter.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
On the startup tab disable all.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
Click apply/OK.then restart.
if pc boots normally you need to isolate the problem startup item selectively,
for example enable the top half of start up items,if computer doesn't start normally you know one of the enabled startup items is the problem and so on.