Problematic Micro SD card

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok so yesterday I had problems reading a MicroSD card, and manage to get the photos off it in the end (sort of), but neither the laptop or the Berserker see it in Explorer so I can't do anything with it, below are several screenshots with various messages

This is in explorer

This is in disk management when trying to format it

And this is in disk management when tying to change the drive letter

anyone any ideas on how I might be able to rescue the card, or should I just bin it?
It looks like it may have a boot partition set as the primary, this can bork windows tools as it's expecting just a standard overall data partition. Windows can only recognise a single partition, in this case the tiny 14mb one at the start of the drive which is unlikely readable.

Easy way to reformat it is open cmd as admin

type 'diskpart'
type 'list disk'
be sure it's the right one ie 'disk one, disk two' etc
Then type 'select disk number' (whatever number it is)

Then type 'clean' **** this will entirely format the drive completely blank ****

Then you should be able to access it and set a partition in disk manager again. If you're just using it as a data card again but over other OS's, then FAT32 would be recommended. If you're only using it on modern windows systems, then exFAT

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers mate,all up and running again, thinking about things, I might have had Linux mint on it when I had problems with the ssd in the laptop for testing purposes

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Cheers mate,all up and running again, thinking about things, I might have had Linux mint on it when I had problems with the ssd in the laptop for testing purposes
It's a really annoying flaw in windows, whenever I create any kind of boot disk, I then have to use something like diskpart or a 3rd party tool to rebuild the USB / MicroSD

There are 3rd party partition programs out there that can do the same thing, diskpart is incredibly powerful though.

I used to use MiniTool but they've now gotten rid of the free component of it and it looks like it's been kind of compromised with adware

EaseUS still works as a free option for basic partition management like this if you want a proper program, I used to use it, but now tend to just use Diskpart

Actually I can't remember if it was MiniTool that went paid after so many days or EaseUS now, it almost looks like it may be the other way around.