Unsure what to buy

Liam5656

Hi all unsure on what pc to buy I'm looking to run a game called total war Rome II recommended spec is Intel core i5 or greater, 4GB RAM, 1024MB direct X compatible graphics card. Also looking to run my mixing software on there too that's virtual dj or Traktor. could you please point me in the right direction so as I don't buy the wrong pc

Thanks!

Stephen M

Author Level
Are you looking for a laptop or desk top? If you let us know your budget someone will post a spec for you.

bbnck

If an AMD processor isn't a deal breaker for you, you can save some money by choosing an AMD-based system. However in all cases you will need to expand your budget if you want a computer that can do the things you've mentioned, which require a reasonably good graphics card and decent processor. Processors like the AMD A8-7600 and AMD Athlon X4-860K are good performers; not quite up there with many of the Intel Core i5 CPUs, but do offer reasonably competitive performance at a lower price.

On the other hand, if you are looking at an All-in-One computer (where the computer components and display are integrated into a single unit), I don't think these will be suitable for you as they come with fairly low-range integrated graphics.

There is no difference between AMD and Intel processors in terms of compatibility. They are simply designed and manufactured by different companies.

Last edited: