What position should this jumper be please?

Anthony.Ralph

Bronze Level Poster
Order No. 2668089

I found this red and black jumper is floating in the case. It appears to be from the area on the motherboard numbered 16 in the manual, as can be seen in the image below. Rightly or wrongly I attached as shown, but I would be grateful if I could be advised where it should be when the PC was built.

Kind Regards : Anthony

PS. Really pleased with this (my third PCS machine). It is working well.

Attachments

• Ralph_231109_1094956.jpg
    Ralph_231109_1094956.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 26

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Order No. 2668089

I found this red and black jumper is floating in the case. It appears to be from the area on the motherboard numbered 16 in the manual, as can be seen in the image below. Rightly or wrongly I attached as shown, but I would be grateful if I could be advised where it should be when the PC was built.

Kind Regards : Anthony

PS. Really pleased with this (my third PCS machine). It is working well.
It's the PC speaker, it just hangs loose. You can tape it down with some PVC tape if you wanted, but make sure the end is unobstructed.

If you can post your motherboard model we can see how it should be attached.

Anthony.Ralph

Bronze Level Poster
It's the PC speaker, it just hangs loose. You can tape it down with some PVC tape if you wanted, but make sure the end is unobstructed.

If you can post your motherboard model we can see how it should be attached.
Hello SpyderTracks,

Thanks for the response... The Motherboard is an ASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS

Regards : A

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello SpyderTracks,

Thanks for the response... The Motherboard is an ASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS

Regards : A
So it should be the same orientation as it currently is, but in one from the top right. So should be the pins on speaker and ground and then the 2 unpopulated pins on the left ground and +5v

IMG_0749.png