Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've only ever heard the word 'Tinlicker' in 2 contexts, and I don't know if either relates to the artist above.
  1. pejorative term for someone from a specific part of Cornwall (only heard it in Cornwall though)
  2. term for someone who modifies electronic circuit boards to give them unexpected results
So they're either from Cornwall, are into EDM, or both?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've only ever heard the word 'Tinlicker' in 2 contexts, and I don't know if either relates to the artist above.
  1. pejorative term for someone from a specific part of Cornwall (only heard it in Cornwall though)
  2. term for someone who modifies electronic circuit boards to give them unexpected results
So they're either from Cornwall, are into EDM, or both?
They are an EDM (electronic dance music) duo producer from Dutchland.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
came across this banger,

I'm so glad this guy got his break, reading about how he got started, everything was against him, he's so not the usual musical success story.

It's just raw talent that carried him through. Deserves every bit of success.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 2020 4 disc box set of Rolling Stones - Goat Head Soup which includes a double album of The Brussels Affair, recorded live at the Forest National Arena on 17 October 1973

Scan from 2024-05-13 03_45_19 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Kiasmos - Kiasmos, their first album, this is an Icelandic duo of Olafur Arnalds who I discovered last year, a really good Neo-classical composer, and Janus Rasmussen, but it's more techno vibes.

This is the first I've heard of them, they've just announced a second album which is on pre order. I really like Olafur, very talented guy.
Scan from 2024-05-14 10_04_04 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple of great singles.

Martika - Toy Soldiers, been sampled of course by Eminem, it's a really great tune about a friend of hers who struggled with addiction. She showed real promise, but not sure what happened to her after her debut album which this is off of. Great tune

And then a killer of a tune, Altern 8 - E Vapor8, this was their huge hit and a massive staple of the early rave scene, still makes me jiggle like a weirdo. This is the limited DJ version which is done at 45rpm, this copy actually looks unplayed despite the worn cover, the spindle hole has absolutely no wear, the vinyl itself is flawless.

Scan from 2024-05-15 09_04_51 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a cool one.

The Doors - Live At The Matrix 1967, The Original Masters

This is of course a live show with 5lps and a 7", Initially it was quite pricey and I've held off and held off, then amazon had it at a crazy deal for £50 off and very luckily got a copy at that price.

Really looking forward to this.

Scan from 2024-05-17 01_02_28 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
New series I've just come across.

This is the Lost Recordings of Ella Fitzgerald - LIVE IN EAST BERLIN 1967

These were pretty unknown about, she was invited in by the military might of the time, but not allowed to bring her orchestra that went with her on her EU tour, only a 3 piece band. Most of these recordings were destroyed when the Berlin Wall came down, but they found these tapes and have restored them, then it's mastered and cut by Kevin Gray who is the master.

Really excited to hear this, there's a whole range of these mostly of old German recordings.

Scan from 2024-05-23 10_07_44 AM.jpg

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
New series I've just come across.

This is the Lost Recordings of Ella Fitzgerald - LIVE IN EAST BERLIN 1967

These were pretty unknown about, she was invited in by the military might of the time, but not allowed to bring her orchestra that went with her on her EU tour, only a 3 piece band. Most of these recordings were destroyed when the Berlin Wall came down, but they found these tapes and have restored them, then it's mastered and cut by Kevin Gray who is the master.

Really excited to hear this, there's a whole range of these mostly of old German recordings.

View attachment 41124
Awesome !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome !
It's pretty special isn't it, really excited for this one. I adore Ella Fitzgerald, she did a lot of duets with Louis Armstrong which is where I've really discovered her, she's got such a beautiful pure voice and I adore the stuff she writes about, it's so innocent and wonderful.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Vegyn - The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions, this is a really cool new thing that someone recommended on twitter, managed to get one of the last copies.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory 20th Anniversary Box Set, just a flawless album, features the original album, the Reanimation remix album on double vinyl and a bonus LP of B-Side Rarities includes mixes, radio sessions and live tracks

Scan from 2024-05-24 09_44_39 AM.jpg

This Vegyn one has a really unusual fold out origami front cover that reveals the 2 inner sleeves within

20240524_091011934_iOS.jpg

20240524_091104762_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So this is one I've had on pre order since January, but I've been waiting for for about 9 years now.

This is one of the best DJ's in the world, a Brazilian called Vintage Culture's first album. He's been releasing top tunes now for a good 10 years, mainly House, but he's really good at mixing up genres. I especially like him because he's not afraid to mix in a club classic from the 90's or 00's into cutting edge sets which is really great for introducing younger generations to the old time hits.

But this the guy I've recommended to anyone just to buy this album, even if you don't collect vinyl, because within 2 years or so, this record will be worth 10 times what you bought it for. All his stuff sells out extremely quickly and is in very high demand.

Vintage Culture - Promised Land

Scan from 2024-05-24 03_41_35 PM.jpg