Control Center 2.0 - Fan setting not working - GPU

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Control Center 2.0 is not working for the GPU fan.

When i put it to "Automatic" or "Personnal" the GPU fan stay at 20%.

I have to put it on "Maximum" to reach 100% fan use.

Any one have a solution ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 935
  • Capturee.JPG
    Capturee.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 727
  • Captureeee.JPG
    Captureeee.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 850

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm no expert on Control Center, but what you're seeing is what's expected gievn the images you posted.

On Personalise the CPU temp is 71C and the fan is at 59% - from the graph of CPU temp vs Fan% that's about right.

On Automatic the CPU temp is at 73C and the fan is at 53% - from the graph we just saw that's about in the right ballpark.

You'll need to stress the CPU more on the Personalise and Automatic settings to see whether (or not) the fan speed ramps up. From that first graph the fan should be at 100% when the CPU is over 80C....

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
You are talking about CPU temp but the problem is the GPU.

Even if i stress test the GPU the fan stay at 20% in personnal or automatic mode

I tried to reinstall control center with the lastest or oldest version but nothing helped

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You are talking about CPU temp but the problem is the GPU.

Even if i stress test the GPU the fan stay at 20% in personnal or automatic mode

I tried to reinstall control center with the lastest or oldest version but nothing helped
Where are you installing control center from?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
417.xx i don’t remember.
The driver used is the one in my PCs account
PCS don’t hold up to date drivers, they usually only have the ones at time of shipping.

For nvidia you need to download direct from nvidia. They’ll likely be outdated.

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
I will try with 430.86 driver. You are right.
The problem with the newest is that the performance in game and benchmark are bad. I detailled it in my review of my laptop

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks you Spydertracks.

With lastest nvidia driver with nvdia geforce experience + latest version of control center (v 1.0.76) its now working :)

Moreover to perform in 3D mark fire strike you have to put g sync off (+25% performance in graphics test).

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Since today I have this problem again while everything is going well. I didn't change nothing.

My GPU fan is stuck at 20% and 40° in Control Center (1.0.76) when i use an personnal setting and i have to force the "Maximum" mode to reach 100% fan use.

Capeture.JPG

Even in "Maximum" mode the temperature stay at 40° but the fan reach 100% use.

ddd.JPG

I tried to update the Control Center with the lastest version (1.0.78) but nothing changed, i can't use my personnal fan setting.

CC.JPG

I have to run every time with the "maxium" setting in Control Center to have decent temperatures in game but it is too noisy...

Can someone help me ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 237

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
I am used to update my gpu drivers with nvdia geforce experience and i have the latest driver.
I do it since i have my computer without any problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My windows is update, every week i do it.
The reason I ask is that there are 3 main reliances to control center: GPU drivers, dot net and control center itself. If one of those is out of balance, it will likely cause issues.

What's the clevo model number of the chassis?

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
The reason I ask is that there are 3 main reliances to control center: GPU drivers, dot net and control center itself. If one of those is out of balance, it will likely cause issues.

It is weird because i update my gpu driver when the new is available and my windows update are done every week.
My Control Center was not updated since July (1.0.76) and i though with the last version (1.0.78) found on Clevo website should solve my problem but it is not the case.

I have that model: CLEVO P775TM1-G (OCTANE VI) with an 2080 RTX and i7 8700

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is weird because i update my gpu driver when the new is available and my windows update are done every week.
My Control Center was not updated since July (1.0.76) and i though with the last version (1.0.78) found on Clevo website should solve my problem but it is not the case.

I have that model: CLEVO P775TM1-G (OCTANE VI) with an 2080 RTX and 8700k
And when you install a GPU driver update, do you specify a clean installation? This should always be done as otherwise can leave residual issues left by the previous drivers:

aid_2900_13.jpg

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
And when you install a GPU driver update, do you specify a clean installation? This should always be done as otherwise can leave residual issues left by the previous drivers:

View attachment 14577

I never have this kind of installation. Nvdia Geforce experience download the lastest driver and install it automatically alone.
Should i try to remove geforce experience and do a clean install ?