New build with Corsair 6500X case

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well, it's been up & running for a week, and coolant temps have stayed below 35ºc, CPU temps have stayed below 60ºc...all whilst staying silent (or at least I can't hear anything over the fans of my external HDD enclosure and the work Zbook next to me).

There's even a iCUE preset for the LCD pump cover to show both CPU and coolant temps - pity it's limited to dual sensor displays only as I'd have liked to be able to customise that further.

It did take me a while to find the hidden USB-C port on the end of the rad even with videos showing the location exactly. Seems the 90º iCUE Link cables were fitted in a manner that blocked the port. A bit of reorienting and I found the blasted thing ;)

I was just looking over the send in your own case instructions and noticed it says no larger than 600mm x 300mm x 630mm (H x W x D).
The Corsair 6500x is 496mm x 328mm x 481mm (H x W x D). Were PCS ok with the width when you sent yours in?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think they said it was because the end customer may require a pallet delivery at extra cost...but mine didn't get delivered on a pallet, so I assume they were okay with it.

Maybe they work to volumetric sizing (so WxLxH) so 466x328x481 (0.074m2) is much smaller that way than 600x300x630 (0.11m2)?

I think they said it was because the end customer may require a pallet delivery at extra cost...but mine didn't get delivered on a pallet, so I assume they were okay with it.

Maybe they work to volumetric sizing (so WxLxH) so 466x328x481 (0.074m2) is much smaller that way than 600x300x630 (0.11m2)?
Hope so, I want to order Monday. I best ring them I guess. Thanks Tony