PC arrived and it's not the parts I expected

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Kind of. The original terms and conditions said they supply Zotac or Palit if it isn't otherwise stated and then with all of this faff, they've read the t&cs out to me on the phone and it states the card has to be "fit for purpose" and "within reasonable similarity to specifications and dimensions" or something like that.
T's And C's have always stated it can be any model, and we've already highlighted this to you previously so I'm just going to merge these threads as it's exactly the same thing

7.3 If you order a dedicated graphics card and the AIB (add-in-board) manufacturer name is not specified in the product description or on the final invoice, then you will receive a graphics card that meets the specification of the model/version stated. If the graphics card is exchanged under the warranty, then we will supply a graphics card that meets or exceeds the specification of the model/version stated. This model may be from a different AIB manufacturer and as a result the actual performance may be slightly higher or lower than the original model.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If the replacement card doesn't fit properly then I would expect PCS to respond more positively than you are indicating. Clearly, if the replacement graphics card does not fit in your build then it's not an acceptable warranty replacement. PCS's warranty on graphics cards says that...
If the graphics card is exchanged under the warranty, then we will supply a graphics card that meets or exceeds the specification of the model/version stated.
Clearly, the physical size of the card forms part of 'the specification' and thus must be able to fit in your build. We all clearly have a resaonable expectation that any warranty replacement parts will physically fit in our builds. I would suggest that you upload photos showing how the replacement card doesn't fit.

I would however think that your only issue here would be if the replacement card does not physically fit.

The PSU issue is not a warranty issue - if your PSU was barely able to handle the card you had, and it can't handle a different manufacturer's replacement card, then the PSU was woefully under-specified in the first place. Having to cut off cable ties and pull cables through isn't a warranty issue at all, it's a cosmetic one. As for the support bracket, well some cards need one and some cards don't. I would suggest that you ask PCS whether the replacement card requires a bracket, and follow their advice. If the replacement card won't fit with the bracket, and PCS say that it needs one, then they need to address that.

My experience of PCS's after sales service has been very good, and that's echoed by the many positive threads on here. I do wonder, when you use a phrase like 'kicking off', how you are approaching PCS with your issues? You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, and PCS will respond to you in much the same way that you treat them.

Zaheen

I can confirm the Corsair RM750x only has two PCIe 8-pin connectors for the GPU and not three. Amazon had an issue on the listing and loads of Reddit posts suggested that I would be fine with a 750W PSU however my 3080 Strix requires three.

I've had it over a year now, and some fine tuning and tweaking means I rarely pull a total of 300W with both my GPU and CPU combined, so it's safe to say that the Corsair RM750x in your build is fine to just use a pigtail from one of them into the GPU itself. Each singular cable can pull up to 288W apparently.

Gainward RTX 3080 Phantom1440 MHz304 mm/12 inches, Triple-slot

I've done the courtesy of looking up your case 5000D (https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categ...er-ATX-PC-Case/p/CC-9011211-WW#tab-tech-specs) and it suggests that the max GPU length is 400mm.

@ChlBro my friend, you're safe to install the GPU into the system and it'll work fine. Don't worry about the GPU bracket either, I've had my 3080 Strix installed for over 15 months without a bracket and I haven't seen any bending anywhere.

You have to look at all the benefits you have with your prebuild.

All the testing was done by PCS.
All the building was done by PCS.
All the warranty is handled by PCS.

You'd potentially be waiting months if you sent something back to Asus. Try and look at all the positives instead of the unfortunate negatives you have had. If you install it right now, it'll be working just fine, will it not? Don't be afraid to move that AIO to replace the fans either, it's not fully water cooled where water will leak out - it could take you like 2-3 minutes at most.

Hopefully you can stop worrying or stressing, if the GPU is bigger and bulkier generally it means the cooling system on it is better - it'll probably last longer!

From the sounds of it you haven't really had the best experience buying your PC. From a completely unbiased perspective at least you got a GPU replacement during a busy period and not installing it is probably you being upset at the whole situation in general. There's not a lot anyone can do about a historical sequence of events but if you take a step back and assess the situation you have in front of you it seems you wanted a better branded GPU - the performance of mine will only be a tad better than yours, and I paid £1199.99 for my 3080 Strix in September 2021, compare that to a Founders Edition that retails at £649.

Last edited by a moderator: