PC Restarting while in game

Nfive

Be aware, the same thing is likely to happen to the replacement chip until Intel find a fix.

Intel have only just admitted that there's anything wrong, 6 months after major reports started hitting, they blamed board partners up until the last couple of weeks.

This is the latest

Assume the replacement will come with a fresh warranty so I’ll hopefully be able to get it replaced until they have a fix out. But your advice has been greatly received, lessons have been learnt and if things stay the same with Intel I’ll most certainly be making the move over to AMD on the next build. Will update this thread as and when I make progress, just for everyone’s visibility

Nfive

CPU has been replaced and providing it passes the checks the system should be back with me in a couple of days. Can’t argue with that turn around!

From the RMA team:

“As for the issues reoccurring, since these are going to be from a different batch of CPUs it is very unlikely that the same issue will reoccur. We are aware of some of the issues facing the 13th and 14th generation intel CPUs, but this was due to a motherboard configuration that has been patched in recent BIOS updates.”

Fingers crossed that’s the end of it, but I’ll be diligent in my checks for future issues since the new CPU comes with a refreshed warranty.

Any further updates will post here. Cheers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
CPU has been replaced and providing it passes the checks the system should be back with me in a couple of days. Can’t argue with that turn around!

From the RMA team:

“As for the issues reoccurring, since these are going to be from a different batch of CPUs it is very unlikely that the same issue will reoccur. We are aware of some of the issues facing the 13th and 14th generation intel CPUs, but this was due to a motherboard configuration that has been patched in recent BIOS updates.”

Fingers crossed that’s the end of it, but I’ll be diligent in my checks for future issues since the new CPU comes with a refreshed warranty.

Any further updates will post here. Cheers.
Lols, if you’d actually read the thread that was linked youd be aware this isn’t the case, Intel still don’t know the case and have only rolled out optional power profiles to set limits. That still won’t protect you though if you’re thermal throttling which you are.

Intels own words are that they still don’t know the cause

Theres nothing more we can do. All the best

Nfive

Lols, if you’d actually read the thread that was linked youd be aware this isn’t the case, Intel still don’t know the case and have only rolled out optional power profiles to set limits. That still won’t protect you though if you’re thermal throttling which you are.

Intels own words are that they still don’t know the cause

Theres nothing more we can do. All the best
Do you ever get down from that high horse and stop being a smart arse? I’ve read everything I’ve been pointed toward thanks and I’m fully aware of the issues with intel CPUs now. What choice do I have but to try what PCS have advised? It’s under a fresh warranty so as I said, hope I get lucky and that’s the end of it, otherwise I’ll be doing another RMA. Probs best you stop responding to my posts if your attitude is always going to be that piss poor. All the best.

Last edited:

Ekans2011

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do you ever get down from that high horse and stop being a smart arse? I’ve read everything I’ve been pointed toward thanks and I’m fully aware of the issues with intel CPUs now. What choice do I have but to try what PCS have advised? It’s under a fresh warranty so as I said, hope I get lucky and that’s the end of it, otherwise I’ll be doing another RMA. Probs best you stop responding to my posts if your attitude is always going to be that piss poor. All the best.
True, you now have no choice but to hope; of course, PCS replied you in that manner; what else could they have said?
That INTEL has little interest in resolving the issue because they are now releasing new CPUs, and that unless temperatures and hence performance are dramatically reduced, the problem will reoccur?

I really hope that's okay, but if not, you should downgrade to the i7 14700K, which is exactly the same CPU with lower frequencies and fewer e-cores but could be possibly cooled with a premium 360mm AIO. :)

EDIT: While the 14700K would not fix the problem, with lower frequencies, less e-cores, and some good undervolt, you might be able to keep the temperatures under control. Maybe, I don't know.

Last edited: