Recommend gaming spec?

Cosouth

I am looking for a gaming PC that will last me 4-5 years before needing an upgrade, I know they won't last 4-5 years in high/max settings but I'm fine with playing on low/medium in the last year or two =]. I am more of an intel + NVidia person, even though I have put I want a gaming PC, I may want to stream footage in the future so I'm unsure if to go with I7 or I5, also what is better, 2x4gb ram or 1x8gb? If I want to upgrade to 16gb ram in the future won't 1x8gb be the way to go?
Anyway my budget is £1100-£1200 but of course the cheaper the better ;), I won't get it until at least April/May time but I just want to get an idea of specs first. When I say I want to upgrade, I might want to upgrade to an 800 series GPU when they come out later this year or early next year.

Thanks in advance =]

**Also I will not be doing any overclocking and the monitor I will be using is a 27" 1080p 60Hz monitor/TV.**

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Since princes could change and more things could be released you may want to post closer to when you are ready to purchase. For your budget right now I would go an i6-4670 and the gtx 780.

Last edited:

Cosouth

Thanks, yeah that would be a good idea as I read somewhere there are a few conferences with a few things being announced late March.