RTX 40 SERIES IS HERE!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
"Unboxing Videos" have just had their NDA lifted! Fair to say these new 4090's are heckin' chonkers!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Oh... and you know that ugly cable adapter they provided for the FE's... they're back, for every card... but worse 🙃
unknown.png
Crazy chonkers!

Pretty much the same size as an XBox Series S

FeT6TNWWYAMFJou.jpg

This one Linus is sporting is a Zotac apparently! So if anyone's buying a bog standard option from PCS, this may be the card you get!

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
My newborn is rightfully absorbing my entire lifestyle, I haven’t touched my PC for ages and I’ve picked up a guitar maybe twice since he arrived. It seems very likely that this generation of graphics cards may pass me by.

But in fairness, the only game I’m absolutely jonesing to play at this particular moment in time is Return to Monkey Island… I think the 3070 will handle that for the foreseeable.

stegor

Bright Spark
Yeah, there's a lot about this on the web but I find it very dubious as GPU (and CPU) manufactures put thermal limits on the die and reduce power if they are exceeded. Also the only thing that would fry the PSU is transient peaks, and even then anything except cheap bargain basement PSUs would cut out before exploding.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Yeah, there's a lot about this on the web but I find it very dubious as GPU (and CPU) manufactures put thermal limits on the die and reduce power if they are exceeded. Also the only thing that would fry the PSU is transient peaks, and even then anything except cheap bargain basement PSUs would cut out before exploding.
Gamers Nexus did a youtube video recently, about PSU's going bang, and one even went on fire.
I don't even think it was bargain basement PSUs either. Racking my brain, I think it may have been Gigabyte PSUs.
I'll have a look and post a link up.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Although I expect you're correct, as a general rule.

Is Nvidia even putting together, for development and testing, 4090 ti gpu's? They haven't even got the 'further down their 40 series range' gpu's out yet. And with the straight 4090 being such a huge jump over what's available at the moment, do they actually need to? I realize that AMD will be releasing their next gen' gpu's soon, which may well be on par with the 4090, and Nvidia won't want to be caught flat footed. But unless they've got information that AMD will be snapping at their heels, or even surpassing them (Oh how I hope so), 4090 ti's will only be in the R&D stages of development. Surely that kind of problem is why they do R&D, so the melting gpu's, although perhaps not expected, were anticipated. And they aren't even producing retail 4090 ti's yet. Which would mean Game Rant are way jumping the gun with that item, although stories like that SELL :)

stegor

Bright Spark
Gamers Nexus did a youtube video recently, about PSU's going bang, and one even went on fire.
I don't even think it was bargain basement PSUs either. Racking my brain, I think it may have been Gigabyte PSUs.
I'll have a look and post a link up.
Yes, I think it was Gigabyte and they were slated for it. This is a VERY unusual thing to happen to power supplies and most have several safety features. Absolutely not the norm, and is actually a good example of how social media jumps on the bandwagon and suddenly PSUs going bang are the norm.