Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't know if you do requests but this (oak) boxset looks a bit special and pre-orders close soon:

I'm already feeling the repercussions, it's so unique and so special I couldn't not put an order in for the wooden box edition.

For once as well, it's a PROPER anniversary copy tied to an album I love which so rarely happens. Even for anniversary editions though, it's remarkably special. I don't think I've ever seen any music release quite this significant.

There was a recent limited edition of an album by Saltburn which is a really unique piece of vinyl which I would have loved, but I have no idea who Saltburn are, so pointless getting it.

There was also the recent 30th annivesary limited edition Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies vinyl which was impregnated with real flies, incredibly dark, but very befitting the band. By the time I got the notification it was available on pre order, they'd already sold out, they didn't make many of them, I think it was only 100

The thing is with releases like these, the only option you have is to get them on preorder, they're expensive even then, but as soon as they've sold out, prices are instantly about 10 times. There are 3 of those Jar Of Flies copies being flipped on discogs, asking price of between £1200 and £1500. Once they're sold directly, they're unobtainium on the open market.

Last edited:

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
Blimey, they're pretty amazing things though i'm guessing the sound is not improved in either case.
I can never decide whether i'm happy or sad that i never got into vinyl. They are lovely objects. I suspect my bank and other half are very much glad i didn't (I've ordered the Aphex twin 3cd for £22).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Blimey, they're pretty amazing things though i'm guessing the sound is not improved in either case.
I can never decide whether i'm happy or sad that i never got into vinyl. They are lovely objects. I suspect my bank and other half are very much glad i didn't (I've ordered the Aphex twin 3cd for £22).
Vinyl is unquestionably addictive in a way I never found with CDs or digital. And yes, it’s damn expensive, it’s not just the records, it’s the sleeve protective covers and the rice paper inner sleeves plus the cleaning equipment, plus the storage…

logically it’s unquestionably insane, and I think that’s why I like it so much 😂

Glad you got the CD, it’s such a great album!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Seal - Seal, recent 30th Anniversary remaster, 3 sides for the album and one of rarities.

I'm a huge fan of early Seal, I've got an original copy of his first album. His catalogue is hyper confusing though, this album came out 3 years (1994) after his first (1991), but they were both self titled but completely different songs, they are different albums.

This one has "Kiss from a Rose" which I love. Obviously "Killer" and "Crazy" were just mind bending at the time.

Scan from 2024-06-22 11_20_01 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, bless them, I found this label recently at the beginning of April, I got so excited I ordered any copies that were still available which included the pre order on the Anna copy that's just been released.

I contacted them to ask very nicely if they may be able to split the order (which they clearly state they aren't able to do on the website) and they really helped me out and sent through the all of them except the Anna one.

So release day comes for the Anna copy yesterday, courier just turned up with quite a chunky box, I was thinking perhaps it was a box set and I hadn't realised, but no, they've sent out all the copies on the order!

I've sent an email to see if they want to collect the ones they've duplicated.

So only one new one, Anna Miranda GU46 from the Global Underground series.

Scan from 2024-06-22 03_02_21 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Really cool one, this one has been on pre order for a while. I love the film, and have actually started collecting Jeff Healey's albums off the back of it. Jeff was Canadian, and huge over there, as he played with the guitar sat on his lap, he just had a different sound to a lot of blues guitarists, and most people in the Blues world really hailed Jeff as one of the greats. Unfortunately he died of cancer in March 2008

The Jeff Healey Band – Road House: The Lost Soundtrack

The original soundtrack album only featured 4 of the songs that the Jeff Healey band actually played in the film. This has all 12 songs featured in the film, plus an additional 7 that were played while they weren't filming that have been released for the first time ever. Really nice homage to a great artist.

Scan from 2024-06-24 03_18_13 PM.jpg

20240624_142824965_iOS.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
These are the 3 Tripomatic Fairytales by Jam and Spoon

Since Jam and Spoons "Watch Out For Stella" Remix of Age Of Love back in '90 which was widely touted as the birth of trance, they became a towering influence on the early dance scene

These had a couple of reissues a year or so after release, but other than that, never repressed. Early copies are very hard to find where DJ's haven't scratched them to bits and will run quite a substantial amount of dough for a clean copy.

Really great to finally have these!

Scan from 2024-06-27 09_35_57 AM.jpg

Last edited:

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
These are the 3 Tripomatic Fairytales by Jam and Spoon

Since Jam and Spoons "Watch Our For Stella" Remix of Age Of Love back in '90 which was widely touted as the birth of trance, they became a towering influence on the early dance scene

These had a couple of reissues a year or so after release, but other than that, never repressed. Early copies are very hard to find where DJ's haven't scratched them to bits and will run quite a substantial amount of dough for a clean copy.

Really great to finally have these!

View attachment 41423
Hammered ther first two back in the nineties, one for before the club and one for after. Did not even know about 3003. Might have to look into that. Stella is a 10/10 track even now.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
See, I can't play that sort of stuff when I driving anymore, as I go all anti-social, drive-it-like-you-stole-it ;)

Have to stick to Jamiroquai or Gregory Porter nowadays so I don't get triggered.

BTW, I like Jam & Spoon's less politically correct alias...but I can't print it on here or I'll get banned :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Postie just bought a bonus that came quicker than I thought it would

This is the new Dune Part 2 soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

The previous Dune Part One was done by Watertower which was still very nice, but Mutant have really gone overboard with this copy, the cover is HUGE, it's like a five fold but with only 2 records.

I absolutely adore Hans Zimmer though, he's a damn genius, ever since I saw Interstellar and was absolutely blown away by the sheer size of the music.

Scan from 2024-06-27 11_26_33 AM.jpg

If bought direct from Mutant records, they have this version which has a goldy flecks impregnated that catch the light as you move it, it's done really nicely. The first 1000 copies of this had this plastic outersleeve. Initially I'd bought it from elsewhere thinking it was this limited edition, but everywhere else only sells the black version. I was just really lucky I managed to get the order within the first 1000 copies.

Scan from 2024-06-27 11_33_45 AM.jpg

Scan from 2024-06-27 11_32_31 AM.jpg