weird flashing colorful blocks all over my screen! HELP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5WhdqBDfqU&feature=youtu.be
they just apeard mid game in while playing skyrim and now they are all over my desktop and programs like Internet explorer...I have no clue what to do, any help?

Processor (CPU)
AMD A6-3670K APU (2.7GHz, 4 Cores) & AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® F1A75-M: FM1 A-SERIES, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6850 - 2 DVI,HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable

Tom DWC

The first thing to try is a driver reinstall.

- Download this: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

- Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager

- Run the downloaded installer

And see if this makes any difference at all. There's a slight chance it's the driver but if this makes no difference you're most probably looking at a faulty APU I'm afraid, in which case you'll need to go through the returns procedure with PCS. As the GPU is integrated onto the CPU it's not as simple as changing a graphics card unfortunately. :(

Nothing that can't be sorted out though, don't panic. :)

Last edited:

Tom DWC

Ignore me Draekosilver, I'm cracking up.

Cheers Rakk. :)

But yeah follow the same procedure and if that doesn't work then it's likely to be the card which is more easily remedied.

Tom, read you numpty.

I've tryed everything I can with the driver so do you think I might need to send it back? I've only had the damn thing a month thought.

Rakk

The Awesome
I've tryed everything I can with the driver so do you think I might need to send it back? I've only had the damn thing a month thought.

I'd give PCS a call and see what they suggest.

I know you've only had it a month, but electronics things can and do fail whenever, if the card does need replacing and you feel confident to replace the card yourself (with or without instruction from PCS) they will be able to just send you a replacement card.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Maybe worth trying another cable to the monitor,failing that try another monitor
or try the monitor on another computer to eliminate the possibility of a faulty monitor.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
if it is the monitor it wouldnt show up on FRAPS would it?
I'm not sure about that,it's just something I would try along with what's already been suggested,
drivers/another cable & reseating graphics card,before phoning tech support.

baron75mk2

Banned
hi there i had the same issue - dont worry its not your card - i was playing skyrim fine with the 12,1 drivers & then the auto update installed 12.3 ccc & 12.2 core drivers & this exact same thing happened to me - its a well known driver bug with 12.2 & skyrim - just uninstall 12.2 & re-install 12.1 drivers & it will go away. :)

Check it out on google you will see loads of gamers with all different radeon cards reporting this exact same issue with skyrim & 12.2 drivers. :mad:

ps , might be an ide to use something like your uninstaller to completely remove the old driver as with catylist things can & do get left behind - or at leased fo a full registry clean before installing 12.1 .

Edit - im sorry i should have read your post more carefully - i see you have the same skyrim issue as others , but as for it all over the desktop & internet explorer etc , then there may well be something a miss with the card.

But try to go back to 12.1 drivers before sending card back - it could just affect different models in different ways - but i can confirm from your video in skyrim that this is what i was experiencing & going back to 12.1 fixed the issue , but i didnt have it anywhere else , just in skyrim wich is a well known bug with that driver & game.

also might be worth checking your tems when you see this on desktop etc.

Last edited: